Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Siren Song of $1 Fat Quarters, and a Visit from a Friend

I cannot resist a fabric sale! When one of the local quilt shops advertised FQs for $1, I had to go check them out. I'm specifically looking for colors to make QOV blocks; my stash is lacking in red and dark blue.

So these came home with me on the first day of the sale: six FQs and a half-yard cut of dark blue from the sale table.

Then my friend Libby from Tennessee who blogs at Life on the Hill was in town yesterday. I took her to the STLMQG meeting, lunch with my bee, and then shopping at three of the local quilt shops. We had a great time! Again, of course, I succumbed to the lure of $1 FQs. A couple of good neutrals and two more dark blues joined my stash.

Libby & I had so much fun! Check out her post here. Our husbands joined us for a lovely dinner last night. Can you tell we had a great day?!
Libby & Jan

So... Stash report for this week:
IN - 3 yards
OUT - 0
Based on last week's numbers I'm still in the black for the year, but by less than a yard.

Check out the other stash reports at Patchwork Times

5 comments:

  1. In the black is in the black no matter how small. I am so glad that you and Libby got to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good time with Libby! You both look radiant in that photo. And knowing you, those FQs for the QOV blocks won't sit around in your stash for long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home safely, though not without some sharp words trying to get out of town! I thoroughly enjoyed my day yesterday, and dinner with our beaux was a highlight. Still can't get over that we visited the same obscure dude ranch in Colorado, albeit about 10 years apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some excellent stash additions and at a very good price too. Huge pat on the back for that. Looks like you both had a lovely time. It's always great when you can hang out with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to pass up fat quarters at that price. Glad you were able to link up with Libby. I've been following her trips to all the Frank Lloyd Wright buildings. Pretty cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete