Friday, July 15, 2016

Maple Leaf Star - Finished

Maple Leaf Star, about 64" x 80"

A Friday finish! Maple Leaf Star is done, quilted and bound. The blocks were the main block in a local shop's BOM series last year. The setting is my own. The quilting is a collaboration with my long-armer friend Sandy; she did the FMQ motifs in the blocks and the borders, and I did the SID in the sashing. I wanted the quilt to be soft and drapey, so the quilting is not overly dense.

Check out those mitered borders - not bad, huh?!

This quilt is destined to become a Christmas gift for some family members. Nice to have it finished ahead of time!

Speaking of Christmas, Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is hosting both a Christmas quilt-along and the 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop. I hope you'll visit Sarah and check out all the stops on the blog hop. My turn to post comes next Thursday.


Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Friday Finish at Crazy Mom Quilts

6 comments:

  1. My first comment was going to be on the mitered corners, even before your prompting! Looks like a vintage Jinny Beyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mitered borders are amazing! Congratulations on the finish and early preparation for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I'm in major envy over your mitered corners, you did a great job with those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad indeed! You are the queen of mitered corners, so I expected nothing less ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mitered borders are perfect! I've never mitered borders, but I watched my husband attempt it for the first time this weekend, so I have to send him your way to check them out. I'm sure once it is gifted it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mitered borders are perfect and the quilt is gorgeous. I've tried them on a block for a QOV quilt and mine need lots of work.

    ReplyDelete