IN this month: 1-1/4 yards (F8 bundle from Sharon at Color Girl Quilts - 1-1/4 yards.)
OUT this month: 3-5/8 yards (Black +White flimsy, 3-1/4 yards. Pup Quilt 2 binding, 3/8 yard.)
IN YTD: 60 yards
OUT YTD: 54-3/8 yards
Net change: 5-5/8 yards added to stash.
Even though I used more than came in this month, the net is still more in than out. My goal is to break even at the end of the year.
It's going to get worse before it gets better. I succumbed to the clearance sale at one of the on-line shops and I stocked up on some good basics for about $4 a yard. Since the order hasn't shipped yet, I won't count it in until I receive it. But the July stash report won't be pretty. Well, the numbers won't. The fabrics I ordered are.
I found a great backing for the Black +White project, so as soon as it arrives I can get back to working on this again.
Two Color Challenge: Black + White
1. Remove the blue border from the Red Project and start making additional checkerboard blocks to continue the border. YES, the blue border is off and I've started making strata and blocks to enlarge the border.
2. Finish the Two Color Challenge (black and white) project to a flimsy. DONE, see photo above.
3. Quilt and bind the 2nd Pup print donation quilt. DONE, photo below, blog post to come Friday.
4. Continue working on the collaboration project with friends if possible. Due to scheduling, we weren't able to get together this month.
5. Keep up with bee blocks and BOMs. DONE.
6. Work on hand stitching WIGSP Piecing Group project. Yes, got 1/4 of a long row sewn.
Other: Started a coral floral baby quilt which has morphed into something more.
The Red Project, revised border in work
2nd Pup Print donation quilt
1. Quilt and finish the black + white project.
2. Make more checkerboard units for the revised border of the Red Project.
3. Finish the Coral Floral project.
4. Participate in 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop.
5. Keep up with bee blocks and BOMs.
6. Work on hand stitching the WIGSP Piecing Group project.
7. Continue working on the collaboration project with friends if possible.
8. Optional: Look through scraps and stash and decide whether to participate in Kevin the Quilter's mystery on a smaller scale. If so, keep up with clues.
The Coral Floral project
Now that the weather is finally HOT, I may spend more time indoors in the sewing room, so I may be able to get a lot done in July. We'll see.
Since the year is half over, let's take a look at the Annual Goals and check progress:
1. Use (or give away) at least as much fabric as I bring into the stash. June 30: Stash is up by more than 5 yards.
2. Blog at least twice a week; continue posting monthly goals and stash reports because they keep me focused and accountable. June 30: Blogging continues about twice a week, sometimes three times. Goals & stash updates continue.
3. Piece and/or quilt one donation quilt per month for a total of 10 donation quilts for the year. Could be in conjunction with other charity projects such as guild or H2H. June 30: six finishes and two flimsies so far this year.
4. Red Project: continue working on this with monthly goals to a completed flimsy, then get it to a long-armer for quilting. June 30: I revised the plan for the borders; add'l checkerboard units are in work.
5. Pickle Dish: continue quilting until it's finished. Pickle Dish was finished in March.
6. Roman Road: Talk to Sandy again about getting it quilted and ship it to her, or find someone else to custom quilt it. Sandy quilted Roman Road and returned it in April. I need to bind it.
7. Review list of UFOs and determine whether to keep & finish or get rid of each one. Finish at least two of the projects on the list. Finished Bricks and Mortar for Hands2Help.
8. Send unquilted donation tops to someone who can/is willing to quilt and donate them. June 30: no action yet.
9. Participate in Hands2Help. Yes, sent two quilts to Bernie for Mercyful Quilts: Mercyful Plus and Bricks and Mortar.
10. Post at least one new tutorial. June 30: No action yet.
11. When Pickle Dish and the Red Project are finished, start a new challenging project with defined monthly progress goals. June 30: Pickle Dish is finished but the Red Project is still in work.
I would say there's been some good progress but certainly room for more. I need to revisit UFOs and do something about them rather than starting new projects. Sigh. New projects are always more appealing, aren't they?!!
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Love Laugh Quilt
I especially like the "look through my stash . . . and decide whether or not to participate in Kevin's scrappy on a smaller scale" goal. I don't want a full size bed quilt so I've been thinking about the same kind of approach!ReplyDelete
Oh wow, I love the black and white quilt.ReplyDelete
Black & White looks GREAT! No worries.ReplyDelete