Friday, January 7, 2022

Flannel Flimsy

 One of the goodies in Carla's box was a stack of pre-cut flannel squares. Most of them were more or less 4-1/4 to 4-1/2" and the fabrics were mostly dark. Not enough by themselves for a project, but they were a good starting point. 

I trimmed them up to a consistent size, found some light colored flannel in the club's stash, and cut more squares of the same size. For more dark squares, I used some repurposed flannel shirts from my own stash. The plan was to end up with simple alternating light and dark squares, in masculine colors. 

After being sewn together at social sewing on a couple of recent Wednesdays, Carla's discarded flannel squares, along with a few friends, are now a finished flimsy. 

Because I won't be able to quilt this soon enough, I've given the top to the club so someone else can quilt it and we can get it donated before it gets too hot for a flannel quilt. The top measures about 53" x 67" so it's a good throw size. 

It may not be the prettiest quilt ever made, but there's a need for masculine donation quilts and I hope this one brings a quilty hug to someone who needs it. 


Link ups: Confessions of a Fabric AddictAlycia Quilts


5 comments:

  1. I think it is an elegant looking quilt - very tasteful and with the flannels, cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such a great job of combining colors from the gifted fabrics and your own stash. I think it's a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a great guy’s quilt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh heck ya!! that is a great quilt!! I like all the different fabrics in it!!

    ReplyDelete