Monday, January 3, 2022

Snake Quilt Blocks

 In December I finished making the last of the blocks for my snake quilt. I have to admit, I'm tired of them. But here they are on my design wall. 


I need to fix the layout then kit up the blocks for assembly. Once the columns and rows are numbered and kitted up I can sew them together at social sewing on Wednesdays. 

The backing will be a pretty peach, coral and white vine print I found -  on sale! One of my goals this month is to get this top finished, the backing pieced, and the layers sandwiched and basted. I'll quilt this on my domestic machine with SID around the snakes and a simple crosshatch in the background. I won't get to it for a couple weeks, though, because I have deadline projects that have to come first. 

This quilt needs a name. I can't keep calling it the coral snake quilt even though that's descriptive, because there's actually a living Coral Snake, which is venomous. Not a comforting name for a quilt! Suggestions are welcome, please leave a comment. 


Link ups: Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh Quilt


10 comments:

  1. Neat quilt. It makes me think of the path on Candyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Husband killed a baby coral snake right outside my studio door this week. Ugh. Curvacious Coral? Slithering On? Round About? Hum, I never can come up with decent names for my own quilts. I'm surprised I could come up with anything for your snake. Is this a never ending snake? Or is there a start and a stop in the corner covered by a desk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wandering Sunset, Coral Roundabout, A Quilters Road Paved With Leftovers……I am cracking myself up ;-) It’s beautiful and I can’t wait to see it quilted. I know you are quilting it yourself but can you imagine what Sandy could do with those open spaces???

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about LeMans for the famous road race. (Not sure about my spelling...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I love the idea of "Candyland" mentioned above :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really cool - it looks like a race track you could drive your matchbox cars on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candyland was the first thing that came to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It also made me think of a road race course but, alas, coral is not a popular color in auto racing. Then I thought of those infinity scarves. How about an intellectual name: Corallium ad Infinitum (i.e. Coral Without End). It's a beautiful quilt. A rose by any other name....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was also reminded of a board game. Chutes & Ladders? It is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete