Monday, January 10, 2022

More Goodies from Carla

 Carla continues to destash. In December she passed me a big box of fabrics, orphan blocks, etc. and told me to take what I like to use for donation quilts and put the rest in the PC Quilters' charity quilt stash. Since then, she has passed me another box and a tote with more goodies. Oh, my! 

This box, too, is overflowing with goodies! 

UFOs, orphan blocks, and Christmas fabrics. The child's quilt (upper left) and exquisite Pine Tree blocks (upper right) will go to the club as kits, where someone can finish them. The patriotic fabrics will go to the club's veterans quilt committee. The Christmas fabrics will go into the club's stash. I have a plan for the black and white quarter log cabins (center) and there's enough blocks here that, with sashing, can make a kid-size quilt. 

Precuts, and some of them coordinate. I have ideas for some of these and the club will need kits prepped and ready to sew, so I may make kits using these bundles. 

Backings and juvenile flannel. I measured the backings, wound the fabric on bolts and put them in the club's Backing Fabrics cabinet. Isn't that Hawaiian print gorgeous?!!!

More backings, and some low volume yardage. The club is low on light colors we can use for backgrounds so these are most welcome. 

Speaking of Hawaiian prints, look what was in the tote Carla passed along. There's 4 yards of that scenic print there, another addition to the club's Backing Fabrics cabinet.


Some of Carla's UFOs will be passed along to the club for someone to do something with the blocks, maybe kit up a sampler quilt.
 

And last but definitely not least, a One Block Wonder WIP, including the book to go along with it. Carla has repeatedly told me I can keep what I want for myself, but I have felt strongly that her generosity should go to the club's charity efforts. Well, this one is tempting. 

Very, very tempting. There are a lot of completed blocks and carefully cut and grouped parts for more, plus yardage of the same background fabric. So here's what I've decided: I'll keep this kitted up to take to retreat in July. Then I'll see how many blocks there are in total, put it together, and decide whether to keep it or donate it. 

Thanks so much for your generosity, Carla. It may take me awhile to get some of these projects kitted up for the club, but rest assured, they'll get there eventually. 


Link Ups: Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh Quilt

 




6 comments:

  1. Oh what a bounty of great fabric. I'm sure the sewists at the club will enjoy using new to them fabric. I like your wisdom with the one block wonder. Someone will love it -- you or another recipient. The block you highlighted is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an amazing de-stash haul!! Have fun sorting through it all...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a bounty of fabric. Your quilt group sounds great. There must be a lot of people eager to make things for each other. That One Block Wonder would tempt me too. I've wanted to make one of those quilts. I bought the book, I bought 6 yds. of fabric but then decided the fabric wasn't the best choice. This bird of paradise fabric has a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be able to sort and play and not be overwhelmed because you are moving it along to the guild! That OBW looks like it would be challenging....maybe what you are looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely keep that last amazing stack and whack. I would have to finish it. It's too gorgeous for it to get abandoned. Who knows if it goes to the guild if anyone will finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a destash . . . and how good of her to direct the unwanted fabrics to you and your guild where they can be USED and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete