Monday, May 2, 2022

April Stash Report and Goals Update

 April was a fun and surprisingly productive month. Even though I went to Paducah and bought fabric, my stash report is still looking good. A couple of finishes helped.  

I finally was able to quilt and finish the blue quilt that started from Carla's box. I'll write a finish post for it later, but here's how it turned out. 

From Carla's Scraps

The quilt above will be a donation quilt, probably for the hospice we support. Like the one above, I was able to kit up and sew another donation quilt using a combination of the club's fabrics and my own. Blue Bars was a PCQ sew day project, but because I made the kit, I chose the colors and included some of my own strips. After the sew day I was able to get the top finished at social sewing.
Color Bars pattern in blue for PCQ

When a project uses a combination of donated or PCQ's stash and my own fabrics, I only count the amount used that's actually mine. Being accountable like this helps me keep my stash purchases under control. So with that in mind, let's look at the stash report for this month.

April Stash Report

IN this month: 19-1/2 yards (MGD order, 6 yards.  Paducah purchases, 13.5 yards.)
OUT this month: 14-3/8 yards (Winding Ways top, 4-3/4 yards. Blue Bars top, my  fabrics, 1 yard; backing 3-1/2 yards, binding 5/8 yard. Bolt of Lightning top, my fabrics, 1-1/4 yards. Lilac/grey quilt for kids, 3-1/4 yards.)

IN YTD: 25 yards
OUT YTD: 35-7/8 yards
YTD Net Change: 10-7/8 yards out

Wow, I think this is the first time ever that I've had more out than in after going to Paducah! 

A finally finished flimsy helped with the yardage out, a UFO that was in time out for years, Winding Ways. Apparently I didn't take a photo of the finished top before I turned it in for quilting and binding by club members. I don't know if I'll ever get a photo of it. 

I made the lilac Kid Quilt larger and got it quilted and finished, using my fabrics for the front and the club's backing. 


I had set fewer and easier goals for April knowing that I'd be working on making charity committee kits as well as travelling for a few days. Maybe I should have been more ambitious....

Goals Update

April Recap: 
1. Continue working with charity committee to make kits for Color Bars quilts and Kid Quilts. Participate in charity committee prep day and sew day. Done. In all we made 18 or 19 kits. I sewed the navy and pastel one. 

2. Cut and kit up pieces from donated black and white prints for charity quilts to work on at social sewing. Done; Bolt of Lightning kit is sewn to a flimsy; two more kits are started. 

3. Quilt the blue strip quilt from Carla's scraps on the club's long arm (booked for Apr. 13). Done. 

4. Quilt the lavender kid quilt before April 11. Done, shown at guild show and tell, and donated to PCQ.

5. Travel to Paducah for AQS Show April 26-30; attend the show, visit with friends, and have fun.  YES!!! It was so much fun to get together with friends that I haven't seen since before Covid! 

Sandy and me in front of my quilt at the show

Kevin the Quilter, Tea of TeaQuilts, Cherie and me
Photo credit Kevin Huffman

May Goals: 
1. Prep for and teach glue-basted binding class on May 12. 

2. Prep backing and batting for the blue Color Bars top. Quilt it on the club's long arm; bind and label it.

3. Finish the coral snake quilt top. Prep backing. 

4. Work on something from my UFO list for No Shame Train.

5. Participate in PCQ Community Service sew day. 

6. Read through the new cross-body bag pattern and plan fabrics. Order stabilizers and interlinings. 

7. If time permits, make two new pillows for family room. 

There are projects on this list that are inspired by my Paducah trip. I'll write a separate post later all about the trip. Meanwhile, I think there's enough here to keep me busy and out of trouble in May. 


Link ups:  Small Quilts and Doll QuiltsLove Laugh Quilt










4 comments:

  1. Always fun to see your own quilt hanging in a show, even it's the local quilt guild. Way to go, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see you with Kevin and Cherie in Paducah! All of you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful seeing shows open up again. So how was the Paducah show, attendance and vendors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like you had fun! Haven’t seen Kevin for a long time, really miss his blog!

    ReplyDelete