Monday, May 16, 2022

Kitting up Steppers

Now that my snake quilt is a finished top, I need a new piecing project to work on at social sewing on Wednesdays. I'll make another donation quilt using the black and white prints that Julie sent for that purpose, along with something bright. I can cut at home, where I'm less likely to make cutting mistakes, kit it up, and piece it at social sewing. 


The pattern is Alycia's Steppers pattern, with a slight modification to add borders to one side and the bottom. I drew it up in EQ to plan the borders before I knew what fabric I'd be using for the color. The teal is from PCQ and is used with permission from the club's charity committee chair. It's perfect to make this a gender-neutral quilt. This quilt will go to the local family services agency we support. Although the majority of their clients are girls and women, occasionally there is a need for a boy quilt, too. 

I still need to cut the teal strips and pack up the kit for social sewing. When sewn, the blocks will look like this mock-up:

Thank you to Julie for the black and white fabrics, Alycia for the pattern, and PCQ for the teal fabric. Together we'll make this a comfort quilt for a teen who's been sexually abused. 





3 comments:

  1. Seeing these fabrics used is simply the best. And to know that they will eventually comfort a distressed teen makes it even better. Kudos to you and the others in your guild who make these quilts for those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - that comment was from Quiltdivajulie (forgot to add it at the end)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I LOVE that color combo!!!!! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete